Monday, May 24, 2010

Going Away: Returning to Life

Taking the train home backwards

River runs smooth beside me

Endless wall of rock towers above

Branches hang low, slick with mornings scattered showers

The end of my tea is a sugary sludge

Flipping through the pages of a book

Scribbling and scratching at my papers

Tired of sitting still

Marveling at the machinery I'm surrounded in

Engines start and stop with loud gasps

A baby cries, an old man mumbles, a woman talks nervously into her mobile

I am not interested

I am consumed by the thought of leaping out those heavy train doors and making my escape into the wilderness

Taking my leave of routine

Putting in my two week disappearance notice

I want to run along side this train

feel the rocks
smell the air
bathe in sunlight

return to the trees roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment